Sunday, January 9, 2011

That's one way to get Little Man to eat it... Peanut butter noodles

My little man loves pb&j.  He eats it at least once a day.  He likes it on "that brown bread." He will eat anything I make for dinner, but usually I hear that he doesn't like this or that in the meal.

Today, lunch was a hit with him.

I made Peanut Butter Noodles.   He ate his entire bowl without once saying he didn't like something.  And it was full of things he "doesn't like"... or says he doesn't but eats anyway. =)

Peanut butter noodles
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up (I used less)
1 c green pepper chunks
1/4 c Catilina dressing.
1 can chicken broth (or 14 oz water and boullion)
2 TBSP Peanut butter (crunchy or creamy work fine)
2 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 lb spaghetti
2 c broccoli florets
1 c carrot stips

Start with 2 tbsp dressing over med- high heat.  Add the chicken pieces and the green peppers.  Cook while stirring until it's mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes. 
   I didn't have quite a pound and it was fine anyway.



Add the rest of the dressing, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce and spaghetti PLUS 1 1/2 cup of water. Cover. Turn it down to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.



Add the broccoli and carrots (which I didn't have this time) and cook for 6-8 minutes. 



Serve.



You'll notice that I used the penne rigate instead of spaghetti, it takes a few more minutes to cook if you do that.  But my silly husband thinks that spaghetti noodles are too messy, so we did the other.  The whole wheat pasta
is really good in this because it adds a nutty flavor to the dish.

On our final plates you see some pineapple, in hindsight I would have put some right in the dish itself.  The tastes were really good together!


No comments:

Post a Comment