Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, Sun-day... coffee marinated steak

When the sun comes out, I have to grill.  I don't care if it's winter or not. 

Here's the thing.  I can't tell you how to cook the steak, because Husband does that.  And he does it well.  So I'll tell you what I do.

Today we marinated our steak in coffee.  It's so good.  I got the recipe HERE.

Ingredients:
1 cup strong brewed black coffee or espresso
1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp onion powder

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
About 1 tablespoon vegetable oil

2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper


Mix the ingredients together.  Pour over steak, I used tbone and sirloin.

Let it sit for 2-24 hours.  I let it marinate while I was at church, about 4 hours.

Grill the steak. 

Enjoy.  (so much so we forgot to get pictures!  So sorry!!)

1 comment:

  1. yummy again. that is funnee you forgot to take some pics. Love to check you blog every day. Thanks, Steph

    ReplyDelete