Thursday, January 13, 2011

Go to meal....Hamburger Gravy

I like having go to meals.  Meals that I always have the ingredients on hand are helpful when we get busy.  And we do get busy!  We are blessed to have a pantry (which used to be the coal room when the house was first built) and a chest freezer.  We buy a quarter of a cow (best thing we've done!) and chicken breast by the Costco sized bag.  There are quite a few meals that I can make without going to the store for anything!

This in one of those meals.  Hamburger gravy. It's one that Husband had growing up, and I make it pretty simmiliar to the way his mom makes it. 

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
1/4- 1/2 c flour
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste.
1/2-1 cup water
1 tbsp ketchup

Mashed Taters (make your own or use a box... whatever!)

Instructions:
Start with a pan over medium high heat.  Make sure you have room to make some gravy around the meat.

Add your burger, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders to the pan.  I always add the seasoning right when I add the meat.  I think it makes it more flavorful.

Brown the burger.

Add the flour and let it cook for a minute.



Stir it up well and add in the water until it makes a gravy.



Add some ketchup for color and flavor.



If it sits on the heat, you might need to add more water.

Serve over potato. 



Today I was saving my calories for the latte I wanted, so I had a salad instead... looked almost as good as it tasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment