Monday, January 24, 2011

Since the crockpot is upstairs anyway... Shredded beef tacos

My crockpot lives downstairs.  I have a small kitchen, so it makes more sense to put it down there.  And we used it yeasterday.  Then I washed it and didn't take it downstairs.  So we're using it again tonight. 

Might as well.

For this meal we're using beef.  Beef roast, round steak, cube steak... whatever kind you have that looks like it's the right size for your family. 
Now might be a good time to tell you I have no idea what each cut of meat is really used for.  I just grab out of my deep freezer (also in the basement) and if it's not burger or Tbone steak, we use it for what I want to make.

Some day I'll learn different.  But for today I'm using cube steak.  It works just fine.


Ingredients:
Beef  (roast, steak anything but t-bone or burger)
Adobo seasoning
Salsa

Put the beef in the crockpot.



Sprinkle a bunch of the adobo seasoning on it.


I love this stuff!

 
Set the crockpot for 4-6 hours on low.

About an hour before it's done, add a good amount of salsa to the top.  I use at least a cup of salsa.

When it's done cooking, but before everything else is ready, shred the beef.



Put it in some warm corn tortillas.  Top it with cheese, lettuce, sour cream and more salsa. 



Enjoy!  So yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment