Monday, January 17, 2011

Grown up kids food...Crispy Chicken Con Cumin

I love kids food.  I love finger food.  But I love good food.  So sometimes I have to make grown up kid food.

Tonight we had chicken fingers.  Kid food.

But they had some grown up elements.  And they were good.  We ALL loved them. 

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs chicken tenders (because that's the size that Husband got at the store)
3 egg whites (you can use 2 whole eggs if you'd rather)
1 TBSP dijon mustard
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chipotle powder (I love this stuff!!!)
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400.
Whisk egg whites, mustard, cumin, a sprinkle of salt and chipotle powder together in one dish.
Mix brad crumbs, onion and garlic in another bowl.



Dip the chicken in egg, let the excess drip off. 



Then dip it in the panko. 



Place chicken on a coooling rack, placed on a cookie sheet.



When you have all the chicken coated, spray it with olive oil (in my favorite Pampered Chef Mister) or baking spray.

Bake until browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes. (For me it was barely browned, but completely cooked through)



Serve with french fries (which you can also spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with the same spices). 



Eat with your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment