Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bringing food to family and friends... Mini Meatloaves

Today we get the chance to bring some dinner to a family member who just had a baby.  I very much wish circumstances were different today so I could just snuggle that little guy, but they aren't.  I'm sure I'll get some snuggling in soon. 


I like having good meals that double up easily to bring to others, or to stick in the freezer for days when we don't have time to cook.  This is one of those meals.  I'm making mini meatloaves, or meat muffins as we jokingly call them in our house. This recipe will make a double batch, but you can pretty easily knock it down to just make enough for one night.  It freezes well in freezer bags too. (just double bag it!)


Ingredients:
3 lbs ground beef
2 packages cornbread stuffing mix (either stove top or any other brand)
2 cups (or one 18 oz bottle) barbeque sauce (any brand, any flavor)
3 eggs


Instructions:
Mix the stuffing mix and eggs together, add sauce.  Then mix in the ground beef.  I use the my kitchen aid mixer to do this.  It's less messy than using my hands and Big Man likes to help with this one.



 Scoop the meat mixture into greased a greased muffin pan.  I have a pampered chef large scoop that I use.  Again, easy and less messy. I love the muffin tin here, because
1. it's portion control
2. it bakes faster
3. everybody gets the crunch pieces on top that we all love.




Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.


Pull them out, serve with some real mashed taters, or boxed ones if it's one of those busy nights. 

 Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment