Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Southern girl at heart.... BBQ chicken pizza

My grandparents are from Tennessee.  So I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I've got some southern in me.  I like sweet tea (although not too sweet), I can make a mean banana pudding and I love barbeque. 

And I'm picky.  I like a good sauce.

I especially like the barbeque sauce from Corky's.  In fact, going to Corky's and getting some more sauce is the part of our vacation I might be looking forward to the most.

So it's what makes this pizza special, at least for us.  But find a good sauce and make up some pizza.  And pretend you, too, are from the south.

Ingredients:
Pizza crust
Dry rub spice
1 cup GOOD bbq sauce
2 c cooked chicken
4 oz shredded mozzerella cheese
2 TBSP chopped chives

Instructions:
Mix the chicken and 3/4 c bbq sauce and refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or more.

Mix dough for pizza crust.  Roll out onto a cookie sheet.

Sprinkle with the dry rub spice.



 Bake 10 minutes at 425.

Spread last 1/4 cup of bbq sauce on the baked crust.

Add the chicken and sauce to the top.  Sprinkle mozzerella cheese over top.  Sprinkle with half the chives.



Bake at 425 for 10 more minutes or until chicken is warm and cheese is melted.  Top with the rest of the chives.



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment