Friday, July 8, 2011

Oops, I can't count... (Almost) Seven Layer Dip

There's been talk about seven layer dip this week on a certain e-community that I belong to.   And it made me hungry.

So I thought I'd make some seven layer dip.

Easy enough.

Beans... check
Salsa...check
Cheese...check
Onions...check
Peppers...check
Sour cream...check
Lettuce....Wait.  How did I walk through the store, where I went to get lettuce, and get home without it?

Oh well... six layer dip it is.

Still tastes pretty good.

And I didn't even miss the lettuce.  We will just call this Erin's bean dip, since she hates lettuce and call it good.  Yeah, that's it... I did it on purpose.

Or you can just add lettuce to the top of yours and you will have a seven layer dip.  That works too.

Ingredients:
1 can refried beans
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp green chilis (because they are still in the fridge)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp cumin
6 oz montery jack cheese, shredded
1/2 c salsa
1/2 red pepper, diced
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 c sour cream
Lettuce (completely optional)

Instructions:
Combine beans, spices and cream cheese.  Mix well.



Spread bean mixture in the bottom of a pie plate.



Top wtih salsa, then cheese, then pepper and onion.

Add sour cream, and lettuce if you feel it's necessary.



Serve with tortilla chips.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment