Saturday, July 9, 2011

Breakfast... Banana coconut muffins

I have never been a big breakfast person.  Most days I just skip it.  I know, it's bad for me.  But I just can't get into a routine.

But my kids like it.

They basically get out of bed and ask for breakfast.

And yesterday, I decided to make them muffins.  But as I got out my old stand by banana muffin recipe, I decided I wanted something different.

Randomly, Avon has a new banana coconut body wash out, and the combination sounded good.

So... Banana coconut muffins.

I could get used to this breakfast thing.

Ingredients:
1/2 c plain yogurt
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
2 bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract (although coconut extract would be lovely!)

1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger

1/4 c shredded coconut

Instructions:
Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl.  Mix well.

Combine the next six ingredients in another bowl.  Mix well.

Add the first bowl to the second one.  Stir until just combined.  To much mixing will make tough muffins.



Scoop into greased muffin tin and add shredded coconut to the top of each.



Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment