Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Living in a neighborhood... Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

I love our neighborhood... because I was here so much growing up it's always felt like home.  When Husband and I looked for a house, we wanted a neighborhood like the ones we grew up in.  This is it. 

My boys have friends in the houses next to ours. 

I know my neighbors by name and face.  We say hi when we pass. 

I love it here. 

There used to be block parties here.  The whole road would be shut down and everyone would make something to eat and share with each other.  There were games and kids ran down the middle of the street.  It is one of my favorite memories. 

I imagine if we had one of these again, I'd make these potatoes.  Mostly because they are so good.  Partly because they can make a ton.  And just a little because the rosemary grows in the backyard.  So it's in full supply.

Have I mentioned I love my herb garden?  This is why.

Smells so good!


The next time you have burgers you should try these... if it's you, your family or the whole neighborhood!!

Ingredients:
Red potatoes
Olive oil to coat
Montreal Steak Seasoning (or something like it... I use a roasted garlic and onion seasoning)
Rosemary, chopped

Instructions:
Cut the potatoes into one inch chunks.

Coat them with olive oil.

Season them liberally.

Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment