Wednesday, July 20, 2011

High school memories... Tacos in a bowl

I got an email the other day from a friend from high school.  He and I were good friends, hung out together alot during school.  And I don't think I'd heard from him in almost 10 years.  It was good to hear he was doing well.  I wonder about people from time to time, and he's one of them.

Anyway, all that to say he mentioned that we used to do hot lunches to earn money for our senior trip.  And I'd forgotten how good they were.  We always did tacos in a bag.  A bag of fritos with all of the fixins for tacos.

So we had them for dinner, but in a bowl, with a little healthier twist.

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
1 tsp taco seasoning
1/2 tsp cinnamon
cheddar cheese
lettuce
corn chips
onion

Instructions:
Brown the burger with the spices.



Put the corn chips in a bowl, or if you're going a little healther start on a bed of lettuce.

Add the burger, chips, cheese and onion.



Top with the lettuce, or a few chips (if you're doing the healthy thing).



A little sour cream and salsa on top, and you're good to go!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment