Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beans... Indian spiced chicken

I'm not a fan of beans... well, not all of them.  I would tell you I only really like black beans.  But I'll eat pinto beans.  I like refried beans.  And in the summer I eat green beans.

So when I started making this recipe I looked at the can of garbanzo beans in my pantry and thought... "I don't really want to eat those."  But for some reason I picked them up and brought them upstairs.

And opened them.

and put them in this recipe.

and liked them.

Come on!  Seriously, I don't like beans.

But these I eat.  I guess if you put peanut butter on anything it's not that bad. 

Try it.  I did, now you have to too.

Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion, sliced
1 can tomatoes
1 can garbanzo beans
2 TBSP peanut butter
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of red pepper flakes

Instructions:
As we do nearly every time...
Saute the onions in olive oil over medium heat. 

Add the chicken until browned..

Add the tomatoes and let cook 5 minutes.



Add the peanut butter, beans and spices.

Let cook 5 minutes.



Serve over rice.  (And for a special treat, throw a cinnamon stick into the rice as it cooks...voila, cinnamon scented rice.  Amazing!)



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment