Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trying new things... chicken chop suey

I like trying new things.  So there are very few recipes that I make that are truly the same from time to time. 

Like this one.  I guess I've probably made things that are alot like this one before.  But I found this recipe and thought,  I'd eat this.  So I pulled it out of the magazine and made it.

I'd make it again, but probably won't.  Because I'll find something else that I want to try and make that instead.

Ingredients:
2 TBSP cornstarch
1 1/3 chicken broth
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1/4 c carrots, sliced
2 tsp oil
2 cloves garlic
3 chicken breasts, sliced


Instructions:
First, make life simple.  chop all the veggies.



In a small bowl, combine the cornstartch, soy sauce, chicken broth, salt and ginger until it's smooth.





In a large skillet, cook the chicken breast with a pinch of salt and pepper (not in the recipe!) and remove from pan.  Then cook the mushrooms, onion pepper and carrot in oil for 5 minutes.  Add garlic and stir fry until veggies are crisp-tender.



Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the pan.  Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes.  Add the chicken back to the pan.



Serve with rice.



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment