Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My husband loves me... Lasagna buns

We don't eat a lot of Italian food.  But when we do my husband loves me.  He likes Italian.  And 9 times out of 10 he likes his italian food with some bread.  So this meal was made for him.

Lasagna and bread... all together in a little package.  Perfect for a busy night, to take with you, to do over the campfire.

I would make one change to the following recipe, I'd do it on a crustier roll.  Hamburger buns just get a little mushy for my taste.  I think if you got a big baguette and cut it in pieces it would be ideal.

But here it is the way we did it last night.

Ingredients:
hamburger buns (or a baguette)
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 c sour cream
1 egg white
2 TBSP parmesean cheese
1 tsp italian seasonings
1 cup mozzerella cheese (I used that and cheddar blend because I had it)

Instructions:
Brown the ground beef and add the spaghetti sauce.



Mix the sour cream, egg white, parmesean and seasonings... or just use ricotta here... either way.

Hollow out the hamburger buns.

Spread the spaghetti sauce on one side, the sour cream (or ricotta) mixture on the other side.



Sprinkle a little mozzerella cheese on both sides.

Smoosh (yes, a very specific cooking term) the sides together.

Wrap in foil and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment