Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This could be trouble... Chicken crepes plus dessert

Oh my word.  Had I known that crepes were this easy, I would have been making them forever.  Because I knew they were good.  But easy?  No way, I'm not a baker.  I can't make those.

Wrong.

Now we're in trouble.  Because I can make them, I can freeze them... we'll be using them for everything.

Now I'm going to share the recipe with you, and you can too. Just don't tell anyone how easy they are. =)

The one I used was from Taste of Home and you'll find it here.

Okay, now that you have those... keep them warm as you make them,  I put mine in a pie plate as I made them, in the oven set at 175.   It worked wonderfully.

Then make the chicken filling.  Yup, savory crepes.  Yum.  Reminds me of a meal I had a few years ago at a nice restaurant in town.  One of my favorite meals ever.  And now easy to make at home.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion, sliced
2 TBSP flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp chicken boullion
1/4 tsp iatlian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste.
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1/4 c sour cream
2 c fresh spinach


Instructions:
Cook mushrooms and onion in 2 TBSP of butter.  Stir in flour

Add milk, chicken boullion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil.  (I added the spinach here, but don't.  It gets a little wilty-er than I like.)



Add sour cream.

Stir in chicken and spinach. 



Spoon into cepes and roll them.  add a little sauce to the top.



Enjoy!!  My boys did.  Proving, they'll eat anything when it's wrapped in a pancake!

And later for dessert.. take the same crepes.  Fill them with 2 TBSP peanut butter, 1/2 banana, a few chocolate chips.  Top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.  



YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment