Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A little help in the kitchen... Egg Wrappers

I love my Big Man.  I love how big he's getting.


No, I don't.  I hate it.  Can I please put a brick on his head and keep him little forever? 

He's such a sweetie, acts way older than his 6 (and a half!!) years.  He likes to help.

So I put him to work in the kitchen.  Taught him the trick to Mama's scrambled eggs.

And I was rewarded when he took the first bite and said, "you make the best eggs Mama."  Makes me want to cry.

And go find a brick for his head.

We made those scrambled eggs into Egg Wrappers.  Or egg burritos if you must. 
They're an easy dinner, full of protein, not a lot of fat and calories. 

Ingredients: (makes 3 since Husband wasn't home)
5 Eggs
a pinch of spices:  salt, pepper, cumin, onion powder
A splash of milk
3 flour tortillas
cheese, if you'd like.
a pat of butter
salsa

Instructions:
Melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium high heat.

In a bowl, mix the eggs, spices and a good splash of milk.

When the butter has melted, pour the eggs in the pan.

Pull the eggs off the bottom in nice even strokes.  Notice the nice form on the Big Man.



When they are mostly dry, turn off the heat.

Warm the tortillas (we did ours on the stovetop, but the microwave would work too)

Put the cheese on the tortillas, then the eggs.  Top with salsa if you'd like.  We have one with cheese, one with salsa and one with salsa and cheese. 



Fold over.



Enjoy!!

1 comment: