Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Getting on board... Fish tacos

It seems like everywhere I look, people are making and eating fish tacos.  I've never had them... I've had shrimp tacos and those are good.  But I don't fry stuff because I'm scared to try it  because it's not healthy.   And the idea of grilled fish tacos didn't appeal to me.  So how was I going to make these tacos?

Then I found a blog that did baked fish tacos... and Winner Winner Chicken Fish Dinner!!

They were good.  We are definately on board with the whole fish taco thing at our house.  Try it and you might be too!

Ingredients:
4 fish fillets, sliced into strips, I used whitefish you can use tilapia if you'd rather
1/4 c lime juice

1/4 c flour
1/3 c corn meal
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
salt

flour tortillas
cheese
lettuce
This yogurt dill dip

Instructions:
Heat the oven to 500.

Marinate the fish in the lime juice while the oven is heating, about 10 minutes.

Combine the flour, corn meal, chipotle and salt.



Pat the fish dry, and coat it in the dry mixture.

Bake for 3-4 minutes on each side.



Put the fish in the tortillas and top with your favorite toppings, and don't forget the dressing!!



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have a recipe for these on my Facebook. Mine are like Bonefish Grill's.

    ReplyDelete