Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cook Slow...Eat Fast Honey Chipotle Beef BBQs.

Last night was busy around here.  Big Guy had to race his awesome car at the Awana Derby.  Husband, Little Guy and I had to go to Biggby, since we were doing the live music. (Well, Little Guy wasn't doing the music, but he sure was dancing!)

I know that when we have shows, we don't usually eat alot before.  And afterwards we are still kinda hungry.  So I like to make something that we can keep warm while we're gone.  The warm cycle on my crockpot is perfect for that.

So I made Honey Chipotle Beef BBQs.

Ingredients:
3 lbs (or so) of beef... I used a round steak that we had in the freezer.
Good sprinkle of some type of seasoning salt (I used Corky's dry rub that a friend picked up in Memphis for me)
1 cup ketchup
1/3 c honey
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp vinegar (I used balsamic)


Instructions:
In the crockpot, put the beef on low and sprinkle with the seasoning salt.  Set it on low and let it cook for 6-7 hours.

Mix up the ketchup, honey, chipotle and vinegar. 

When the beef is done, shred it up and add it to the sauce.

Serve on buns... in a hurry or just to sit and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. K, I'm gunna do this with some porkchops this week. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete