Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sometimes I suprise myself!... Vegetable beef Soup

I never liked veggies much growing up.  Especially cooked ones.

So tonight when we ate our dinner and there were EIGHT! veggies in our soup, I was suprised at how much I loved it.  Each of the veggies were either fresh or frozen fresh last summer.  And it was SO good! 

Our Eight veggie Vegetable Beef soup.

Ingredients:
2 lbs beef (we used cube steak because I have a few in the freezer.)
2 c diced tomatoes and juice
2 c beef broth
salt and pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsbp worchestershire sauce
1/2 c onion
1/2 c green pepper
1 c celery or celery greens
1 c carrots
3 potatoes peeled and cubed
1 c green beans
1 c corn kernals

Instructions:
Heat a pan over medium high heat until very hot. 
Add beef and seasonings.  Let it sit a minute before you stir it around.
Add worchestershire sauce.
Add onion, pepper, celery, carrots and potato.   Let simmer for 30 minutes.



Add green beans and corn.

Let simmer another 10 minutes.



Serve with this really yummy bread.



And Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment