Saturday, February 5, 2011

Busy day, easy dinner... Italian beef sandwiches.

Today was busy, so I wanted to get dinner in the crockpot this morning.  Otherwise, I know it'd be too tempting to go out and eat.  So I got it in the crockpot early today.

We had Italian Beef Sandwiches.

Ingredients:
Beef roast (I used chuck)
1 c Italian dressing
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 jar mild pepper rings
6 french rolls
6 slices munster cheese (you could also use provolone.)

Instructions:
It's a pretty simple meal.  The roast goes in the crockpot.  Pour in the dressing, and add the onion and garlic powder.  Add the pepper rings, juice and all over the top.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Remove the meat and shred.


Return the meat to the juice in the crockpot.

Toast the buns under the broiler.  DON'T forget that they're in there.  They'll burn... ask me how I know.

Add the cheese.

Add a good amount of the roast, and then squeeze the sandwich toward the side where there is no cheese. 

Enjoy!  It's a great way to end a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment