Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Everybody likes the one they like... Burger barbeques

Everybodys mom makes the best.  Whether it's lasagna, spaghetti or sloppy joes, everyone has a certain one they like. 

Me, I've never liked burger bbq.  Bbqs, to me, were the ones my mom made with pork roast, ketchup and mustard.  But I've never liked sloppy joes (or burger bbq as my boys call them).

Until I found my own recipe.  It's so simple, and it's so good!! 

It started as Rachael Ray's bbq recipe, but it's been tweaked (imagine that!!) and now it's mine.  And it's good.   I make a double batch because it reheats so well.   But this recipe I posted can easily be halved.



Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
2 TBSP steak seasoning
1/2 c brown sugar
1 onion, chopped
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
2 TBSP worchestershire sauce
2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
4 TBSP tomato paste  (I used the stuff in the tube.)


Instructions:
In a large pan, brown your burger.  Add the seasoning and brown sugar.  Let it cook for a minute. Add onion.



Turn heat to medium.

Add vinegar and worchestershire.  Let it cook for 5 minutes.



Add tomato sauce and paste.  Let it cook 5 minutes.

Put it on buns.  We like to top ours with cheese and dill pickles.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute story and yummy recipe for the sloppy joes. I will def try this one too! Love to read your post and see what ur cooking.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete