Saturday, June 4, 2011

Something for when it's warm... Homemade Subway

Some days it gets hot and I don't feel like cooking.  I don't want to saute, caramelize or anything else that I usually do.  It's days like this that I make homemade subway. 

We get a big loaf of really yummy french bread and split it up. 

Get some meat.  Get some good cheese from the deli.

Then we get out all the veggies and stuff that we enjoy.

Add some toppings (from the growing pile of dressings and mustards in my fridge).

And we're good to go.



It's not hard enough that I can even give you a recipe.  It's just an idea.  and it's a good one.

This time, the Big Man joined me at the store to get the cheese.  He was drawn to the olive bar.  And of course wanted to try one of everything.  He liked the kalamata olives.  He liked the marinated mozzerella cheese.  He liked the artichoke hearts.  But the feta stuffed green olives... not so much.  And I can't say I blame him.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment