Thursday, June 2, 2011

I DID IT!!!- Mango wonton cups.

I did it.  I wrote my own recipe!! All mine...  And it was good.  Other people (besides my family) even liked it!

Can you tell I'm excited about it?  I wanted to make something to take with me to a breakfast on Memorial day.  I wanted something fresh.  I wanted to use up the wonton wrappers in my fridge.  I felt like mango.

And here they are.

Ingredients:
3 fresh mango, ripe, but with a little firmness, peeled and diced

1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1 block 8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c plain yogurt
pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp sugar

zest from 1 lime
juice from 1 lime
mint (1/2 tsp dry)
wonton shells (I used most of the package... except for the pieces that broke)

Instructions:
Bake the wonton shells into little cups using a mini muffin tin.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool. 

Mix the cream cheese, pineapple, yogurt and sugar together.  Add 1/2 of one mango and cinnamon.  Add 1/4 of the zest and juice from the lime.

In another bowl, mix the rest of the mango, the rest of the lime juice and zest and the mint.

You can store all of this until you are ready to assemble the cups, right before serving (otherwise they get soggy).

To assemble.  Put the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the wonton cup.  Add a few pieces of mango on top.

It even comes in it's own edible serving bowl. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment