Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Forgetful... Gnocchi with tomato sauce

So I completely forgot to take pictures for this blog.  How in the world do I do that?  I make the meal, I dream up the post that I'll write, and yet I still forget to take the pictures.  duh.

Oh well, the meal was fantastic.  You'll just have to believe me that it looked pretty too.

Ingredients:
1 package gnocchi
1/2 c green pepper, diced
1 tsp olive oil
3 tbsp red pesto sauce
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomato
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp parmasean cheese

In a medium sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.  Saute the green peppers for just a couple minutes, until they start to soften.

Add the red pesto (I'm sure that regular pesto would be fine too, but this red stuff was really good!) and warm through.

Add the diced tomato and cook until it starts to not taste so "fresh."  About 5 minutes.  Add the tomato sauce, paste and garlic powder.

Add the parmesean cheese.  

Cook the gnocchi according to packge directions.  Mine took about 2 minutes to cook. 

Add the gnocchi to the sauce and serve.

We added some leftover italian sausage to ours and it was really good!

Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment