Saturday, March 26, 2011

Come on Spring... Slider burgers

Have I mentioned that I'm ready for spring/summer food?  I was looking around at summer salads and now I'm ready.  Bring it on. 

We had burgers for dinner... classic spring/summer food.  I made sliders, which are just burgers that actually fit the little buns that are in the stores. 

In this you'll notice I add bread crumbs to my meat.  It's simply because we buy a 1/4 cow and since it comes frozen, it thaws a bit wetter than fresh burger.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c bread crumbs
2 tbsp parmesean cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
a splash of olive oil

Put all the ingredients into the mixerexcept the olive oil and turn it together on low.  (feel free to mix it with your hands if you'd rather get messy)

Seperate into 6 equal pieces and squish it into patties.  Make sure you get the edges pushed together really well and make it pretty thin.



Brush it with olive oil for easy grilling.

Cook the burgers (Husband does this step perfectly!) either on the grill or on a kitchen griddle.

Serve.




Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment