Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The way I do things...

I'm not a girl who buys everything organic, but if I can do things healthy I will.

I'm kind of a foodie. 

I love to experiment.

But I am also cheap.

I've found that the cheap really wins out most of the time. =)

I love mexican, and I really like black beans.  Search my blog and quite a few recipes come up.

So lately, I've been making black beans by the bagful and then freezing the leftovers.  I find that they work really well that way.  So I thought I'd share.

Ingredients:
Black beans
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chipotle powder
Water

Ingredients:
Put the 1 bag of beans in the crockpot.

Cover with water.

Add spices and garlic and onion.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until done.

Use what you want and then freeze the rest in 1-2 cup packages.

Then you have them on hand, you aren't buying them in cans (which I hear isn't the greatest thing for you.)

Plus, it's cheap.  And that always wins out!

No comments:

Post a Comment