Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sausage Tortielini Soup

I love my boys!  They are the best eaters ever.  When they asked me why the pasta was green tonight, I told them it was spinach tortellini  And they both exclaimed, "YUM!"  While I know my kids aren't the only ones in the world who like spinach, it makes me happy to know that they do like healthy food.

And when it tastes like this soup... why wouldn't they like it?  It's warm and spicy and filling.  And when you pair it with these olive garden knock off for breadsticks, it's a perfect winter meal!!

Ingredients:
1 lb sausage
1 clove garlic, minced

1-2 cans tomatos, diced
3 small cans chicken broth
1 tbsp basil

2 cups fresh spinach
1 pkg tortellini

Instructions:
You can do this in a crockpot or in a soup kettle.  Either way it's pretty simple.

Brown the sausage with the garlic in a pan.  Add the tomatos, chicken broth and basil. 

About 30 minutes before serving add the tortellini (if you do it on the stove, 10 minutes will do it) and the spinach.

Serve with grated parmesean cheese.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My boys are really great eaters too. I made split pea soup for my husband and they just *had* to have some too because "it looked so good." LOL.

    What kind of sausage do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just regular pork sausage in the roll that I bought at Aldi. Although you could use a spicy or an italian sausage too.

    ReplyDelete