Monday, January 30, 2012

"Fancy" Salmon noodle casserole

There are so many things I love about my husband.

He's a great provider.
He's a wonderful father.
He's a talented musician, taught himself to play the guitar.
He's a strong, supportive husband.
He's warm and toasty when I'm freezing.
He pushes me to do new things.
He's willing to try new things.



Oh, but he dislikes tuna fish.  The one downside.  So as a family, we've never had tuna noodle casserole. 


Ever.

Which, some of you are thinking, is not necessarily a bad thing.

But I like tuna noodle casserole, and it's easy!

So last week when we were at my mom's house and we were offered a jar of canned salmon (fresh caught and canned because the freezer was full), I took it gladly.  And earmarked it, at least in my mind, for a fancy tuna casserole.

And it was a hit!  So I'm sharing the recipe.  You could easily substitute tuna if your family isn't opposed to it.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp chopped garlic
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp old bay seasoning
1 tbsp flour
1 c milk
1 can salmon (or tuna)

Spaghetti noodles, cooked

Instructions:
In a pan, melt the butter and olive oil.  Add garlic and mushrooms.  (Don't salt the mushrooms!  They won't brown correctly.)

Add flour, salt and pepper and old bay seasoning.  Work it around the pan and into the mushrooms.

Stir in milk over medium low heat until bubbly.

Add the fish.

Add the spaghetti noodles and incorporate the two together.  Make them all yummy and happy there.

Serve.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment