Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cheeseburger sloppy joes



Yesterday we were headed out of the house and I was supposed to put dinner in the crockpot so it would be ready when we got home.  But I had forgotten to pull the roast out of the freezer.  And the dinner I wanted to make required if to be cut up blah blah blah...  

So much for that meal plan.

Does this ever happen to you? 

It's so important to have a few easy meals that you can make when the meal plan fails.  Because it will. 

One of those meals for us is sloppy joes. We always have burger in the freezer so I just pick up some buns and we are good to go.  (Although this time I had to use hot dog buns since the store I stopped in was out of hamburger buns!)

This time I happened to have velveeta on hand too.   So we had cheeseburger sloppy joes.  Yum.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, minced
1/2 c ketchup
2 tbsp mustard
1 tsp dried dill
1-2 c velveeta

Buns

Instructions: 
Brown the burger and onion together.
Add ketchup, mustard and dill. Combine well.
Add velveeta and stir over heat while it melts.




Put in buns.

Serve and enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment