Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Meatloaf

Home.  It's my favorite place. 

It doesn't matter so much which house we live in, just that my family is together there.

Our family has moved recently.  To a new city with new friends and a new home.  And a new school and schedule.  Things are definitely different. 

But there are certain things that make me feel at home whereever that might be.


Sunshine coming in the windows.
Laughter. 
Friends.
Music.

And certain foods just scream home.  
Like meatloaf.  Yummy. 

I love different kinds of meatloaf, but this last one was so tasty.  I will probably make it again.  


Honey BBQ meatloaf.  Two of my favorite things.  Honey and BBQ. 

This is my favorite BBQ stuff.  I love Memphis and I love Corkys.  But you can use whichever is your favorite sauce.  The apple was fantastic and is highly recommend getting an apple sauce for this meatloaf.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 c apple BBQ sauce, divided
2 tbsp honey, divided
2/3 c panko bread crumbs
1 tsp dry rub seasoning
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce 

Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp liquid smoke


Instructions: 
Mix beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 c sauce, 1 tbsp honey, dry run and worchestershire together.

Shape into a loaf, or a heart or whatever. 

Mix the rest of the sauce, honey, salt and liquid smoke together. Slather it on the meatloaf. 


Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Enjoy at home, wherever that might be.


No comments:

Post a Comment