Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Breakfast time! Chocolate and peanut butter banana bread

Our mornings used to be crazy... Up at 6, get showered, get dressed, eat breakfast, make lunches, get our plan for the day, get out of the house by 7:15 to get to school on time.

Since we have moved, our mornings are way easier.  I get up at 6:30, get lunches made, have some quiet time before the boys start moving between 7-7:30.  Then they get up and eat at the table and shower and even have time to watch a cartoon before we leave for school at 8:30 in order to be there for first recess.

So I have been making better breakfasts.  If I'm up at 6:30 it allows me to get something done that morning for breakfast that's hot and yummy.  We do pancakes, baked oatmeal and even toad in a hole.   But one of my favorites has always been banana bread.  And I love mine with peanut butter.  So I took the recipe that I like and added a few special ingredients to make it my own.  




Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
1/2 stick of butter
2 eggs
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
3/4 tsp molasses

2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ginger

1 c chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350.

Mash up the bananas until there are very few chunks.  Mix it with the butter, peanut butter, sugar and molasses and mix until creamy and fluffy.  

Add the eggs  one at a time until they are well blended.

Mix the dry ingredients together and mix in until just mixed.

Mix the chocolate chips in by hand.

Put in a well greased loaf pan and add some sprinkles, because really, who doesn't like sprinkles first thing in the morning? 



Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when you put it through the middle. 



Serve and enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. looks good and easy and sounds yummy. I will def be trying this one soon.
    Thanks, sweetie.
    Have a great rest of your day <3

    ReplyDelete