Thursday, October 6, 2011

Now what? Skillet enchiladas

So, this post is without pictures.... I'm having some issues.  I am out of room in my online picasa and am not sure if I want to store them all on my computer.  So until I figure something out I'm not sure what to do with the pics for my blog.   If you have any ideas, let me know!

But this recipe was one I have to share.  It's called skillet chicken enchiladas, but honestly, it was more like mexican chicken and dumplings.  And I love my mexican food.  So here we are. 

Ingredients:
1 tsp olive oil
1 bell pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
2 c chicken or turkey breast
2 c chicken broth
2 tbsp flour
4 tbsp ranch dressing
5 tortillas, sliced
1/2 c cheddar cheese
salsa and sour cream for topping

Instructions:
in a large pan, warm the olive oil.  Saute peppers and onion. 
Add turkey.
Mix the broth, flour and dressing.  Add to the pan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium low.  Simmer 10 minutes.
Add the tortillas, simmer another 5 minutes.
Add cheese to the top.

Serve with salsa and sour cream.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment