Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Another post without pictures... Italian wedding soup

About 10 years ago, I was pretty full into wedding planning.  Husband and I were engaged for 10 months, but really had our wedding basically planned before we even got engaged.  It worked for us.  And it went pretty well...   We had a wedding that was beautiful and a reception that was full of yummy desserts.  So it wasn't even a problem when the wedding cake didn't show up. 

But now, I'm grateful that all of that planning is over.  I don't think I'd go back and do it any different.  But there's something good about life the way it is.  I love my family, I love being married and being mommy.  I love the way I can't really remember my life before it all.

So let's celebrate with some wedding soup, shall we?

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c chopped red and/or yellow pepper
1 red onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic, chopped
6 c chicken broth
1 can tomato sauce
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 pkg frozen meatballs
1/2 pkg small pasta (I used alphabets because it was fun.)

Instructions:
In 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat, saute the peppers, onion and garlic until soft (about 3 minutes).

Add chicken broth.  Mix tomato sauce and seasoning, add to the broth.

Bring to a boil.

Add meatballs and pasta.  Bring back to a boil.

Simmer on medium heat, 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!  We liked it so much a certain someone (who I've been married to for almost 10 years) basically licked the bowl clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment