Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gotta love a good casserole... Green enchilada casserole

I love a good recipe where I can just dump food in and go.  It makes life easy.  And we all know I like easy. =)

This is a good one.  Really good.  You know, because Big Man was still eating and asked me, "Mom, is there more?"

"Yes," I said. "But you've got plenty there."

"I know, Mom," he said.  "But I want some for lunch tomorrow too."

So there ya go. 

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups cooked rice
handful of cilantro, chopped
1 tsp lime juice
1 can black beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp cumin
1 cup cheese

Instructions:
Mix the rice, cilantro and lime juice and put it in a greased 9x11 pan.



Dump everything BUT the cheese in a big bowl.

Mix it together.

Spread it over the rice.



Top with cheese.



Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until warmed through.



Enjoy!

Loved this recipe enough to share at both GoodCheapEats.com and Eatathomecooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment