Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baseball season is here!.. Cowboy spaghetti

I love this time of year.  I love going to baseball games.  I love, love, love that my son is playing baseball on the field that his grandpa built and that both his uncles played on.  I love that he has family cheering him on each game, and each game he gains a little more confidence.

But with this season comes craziness.  Being at the field once or twice a week isn't a big deal, but it means eating dinner early, getting homework done early in the week, rushing home to get showers and to bed halfway on time.

So dinner on baseball nights has to be easy.  This was on of those easy meals.

I'm not a huge fan of Italian food, but this was a hit with the family for sure.

Ingredients:
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 lb ground beef
1 can tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 tsp italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp hot sauce
8-16 oz spaghetti noodles.  I used 8 oz of the quinoa pasta I got as a gift for Christmas.  LOVED it1
1 c shredded colby jack cheese

Instructions:
Boil the water and cook the pasta.. in the meantime.
Cook onion in oil over medium heat.  Add ground beef and brown it.
Add tomatoes, paste, and seasoning and cook 8 minutes, covered.



Add hot sauce.
When the pasta is done, add it to the sauce.



Stir it all together, and top with cheese.
Stick it under a low broiler for just a few minutes until the cheese is melted.



Enjoy!  Then hurry out the door for whatever it is you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment