Monday, March 17, 2014

Celebrate everything


Any occasion is an occasion to celebrate.  

I have a bunch of Pinterest boards dedicated to just that. 

Why?  

It's simple. I am trying to give my boys good memories of their childhood. 

Someday I want them to think back and say, "remember how mom always made weird things like pi day hats? Or snowman bowling pins? Or heart shaped meatloaf?"  

Or shamrock smoothies on St Patricks day?  


Because I hope they realize that these things, silly as they may be, mean I love them.  

That I am trying to make their lives fun. 

That I think about them most of the time.

Because I do love them.  More than any silly smoothie will ever show.  

But it's a start.

So we had shamrock smoothies this morning.  

Because I am luckier than any four lead clover that these two are mine. 


Ingredients:
2 frozen bananas
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp mint flavoring
Green food coloring

Instructions:
Break the frozen bananas into chunks. 

Add bananas, milk and mint to blender. 

Blend until smooth.

Add green food coloring until it's the proper shade of green. 

Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment